Monday 21 February 2011

It's best to be honest; I hate Primark.

I hate admitting things to you all that you might hate me for.  Yes I know it's cheap as chips and people seem to love the place, but I can't stand Primark.  Genuinely, it's not me being a clothes snob.  Words can't describe how much i've tried to like it; in these terrible financial times I really wish I could shop there and save myself some dollar... but I can't.
I feel the need to explain myself.  Maybe it's because i'm impatient or because I get stressed very easily, but the minute I walk into the store I feel hot, bothered and frustrated.

Nothing is presented nicely.  Primark turned over a profit of £200 MILLION last year, yet they can't seem to afford to employ enough staff...?  Enough staff to manage to keep the clothes off the floor and actually on the rails... or the piles of clothes in a reasonable display rather than being reminiscent of a 15 year old's bedroom?

I find it hard enough to 'root' as it is, but that's just ridiculous. 
  
My other issue is how busy it ALWAYS is.  I know this isn't Primark's fault but I can't deal with the pushing and shoving and the old ladies fighting over a mauve coloured jumper that'll probably fall apart when they get it home anyway.  I also hate the way the escalators are positioned so that you have to walk through the entire shop to get to the next escalator :/ yes Primark, sneakily clever, I know.  But it's torturous when you get stuck behind a 'slow walker' (these are the bane of my life by the way).

And today, when we walked into the shop, the most hideous smell hit me.  I just don't find shopping in Primark a very enjoyable experience, and I absolutely love shopping.  Don't get me wrong, I totally admire you girls out there who can get past all these devastating obstacles and come out with a purchase that you love... but I simply can't.  And i'm through with feeling bad and snobby about it. 
I HATE PRIMARK.
There, I said it... :) that's like a weight off my shoulders.  I hope you can all understand the reasons behind my hatred and don't hate me for it.

Pour Maintenant, Au Revoir,
Tout Mon Amour,
Neen x

No comments:

Post a Comment